Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Toronto Legal History Group

Although I am listed as a founder of this blog (thanks Mary), I am embarrassed to say that I have never posted. It's time I started.

People in the Toronto area interested in legal history are welcome to attend meetings of the Toronto Legal History group. We meet every other Wednesday at 6.30 at the U of T law School (Flavelle Room, Flavelle House) to discuss a paper. Most presenters are from the local area but a few are guests brought in from outside. If you want to be added to the email list and to receive the papers, please contact me at j.phillips@utoronto.ca

Our next session is on February 29th, and will feature a paper by Coel Kirkby, a Canadian graduate student doing his doctorate at Cambridge. It is entitled "'Indian Enfranchisement' and the Imperial Origins of the Canadian Constitution."

No comments:

Post a Comment